By David M. Blades,Joseph M. Siracusa
Read Online or Download A History of U.S. Nuclear Testing and Its Influence on Nuclear Thought, 1945–1963 (Weapons of Mass Destruction) PDF
Best arms controls books
The Shadow international is the harrowing, behind-the-scenes story of the worldwide palms alternate. Pulling again the curtain in this secretive global, Andrew Feinstein finds the corruption and the cover-ups at the back of guns bargains starting from the biggest in background – among the British and Saudi governments – to BAE’s debatable transactions in South Africa, Tanzania and japanese Europe, and the revolving-door relationships that represent the united states Congressional-Military-Industrial advanced.
An enduring peace regime at the Korean peninsula has but to be completed although the Korean conflict got here to a halt greater than part a century in the past. and not using a peace treaty officially finishing the Korean struggle, the 2 Korean states are technically nonetheless at conflict. the present state of affairs at the Korean peninsula is very annoying and precarious, and tensions and mistrust among the 2 Koreas and among the U.
Are NATO’s mutual defense commitments robust adequate at the present time to discourage all adversaries? Is the nuclear umbrella as credible because it was once in the course of the chilly warfare? subsidized by means of the total variety folks and allied army services, NATO’s mutual safety treaty has been drastically winning, yet today’s commitments are strained via army finances cuts and antinuclear sentiment.
For many years, the USA has led the hassle to stem the unfold of nuclear guns, either between strength adversaries and between its allies and companions. the present nation of deterrence and of the nonproliferation regime, notwithstanding, is open to many doubts. What occurs if the nonproliferation regime should still holiday down altogether?
- A Global Agenda: Issues Before the United Nations 2010-2011
- Controlling the Weapons of War: Politics, Persuasion, and the Prohibition of Inhumanity (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Competing Western Strategies Against the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction: Comparing the United States to a Close Ally (Praeger Security International)
- The Global Politics of Combating Nuclear Terrorism: A Supply-Side Approach
- War Against the People: Israel, the Palestinians and Global Pacification
- Nuclear Weapons Counterproliferation: A New Grand Bargain
Additional resources for A History of U.S. Nuclear Testing and Its Influence on Nuclear Thought, 1945–1963 (Weapons of Mass Destruction)
A History of U.S. Nuclear Testing and Its Influence on Nuclear Thought, 1945–1963 (Weapons of Mass Destruction) by David M. Blades,Joseph M. Siracusa