By Elena Semino,Zsófia Demjén
The Routledge guide of Metaphor and Language presents a entire evaluation of cutting-edge interdisciplinary examine on metaphor and language. that includes 35 chapters written through top students from around the globe, the amount takes a vast view of the sector of metaphor and language, and brings jointly assorted and specified theoretical and utilized views to hide six key areas:
- Theoretical techniques to metaphor and language, overlaying Conceptual Metaphor conception, Relevance thought, mixing thought and Dynamical platforms Theory;
- Methodological techniques to metaphor and language, discussing methods of making a choice on metaphors in verbal texts, photos and gestures, to boot as the use of corpus linguistics;
- Formal variation in patterns of metaphor use across text varieties, historic sessions and languages;
- Functional edition of metaphor, in contexts together with academic, advertisement, clinical and political discourse, in addition to on-line trolling;
- The functions of metaphor for challenge fixing, in company, schooling, healthcare and clash situations;
- Language, metaphor, and cognitive improvement, studying the processing and comprehension of metaphors.
The Routledge guide of Language and Metaphor is a must have survey of this key box, and is vital interpreting for these drawn to language and metaphor.