By Hamid Bolouri
This ebook serves as an creation to the myriad computational techniques to gene regulatory modeling and research, and is written in particular with experimental biologists in brain. Mathematical jargon is kept away from and causes are given in intuitive phrases. In circumstances the place equations are unavoidable, they're derived from first rules or, a minimum of, an intuitive description is equipped. vast examples and numerous version descriptions are supplied to be used in either lecture room workouts in addition to self-guided exploration and studying. As such, the ebook is perfect for self-learning and likewise because the foundation of a semester-long direction for undergraduate and graduate scholars in molecular biology, bioengineering, genome sciences, or structures biology.
- What Is a approach, and Why should still We Care?
- What versions Can and can't Predict
- Why Make Computational types of Gene Regulatory Networks?
- Graphical Representations of Gene Regulatory Networks
- Implicit Modeling through interplay community Maps
- The Biochemical foundation of Gene Regulation
- A Single-Cell version of Transcriptional Regulation
- Simplified types: Mass-Action Kinetics
- Simplified versions: Boolean and Multi-valued Logic
- Simplified versions: Bayesian Networks
- The courting among common sense and Bayesian Networks
- Network Inference in Practice
- Searching DNA Sequences for Transcription issue Binding Sites
- Model choice Theory
- Simplified types — GRN kingdom Signatures in Data
- System Dynamics
- Robustness Analysis
- GRN Modules and construction Blocks
- Notes on info Processing for GRN Modeling
- Applications of Computational GRN Modeling
- Quo Vadis
Readership: Undergraduate- and graduate-level experimental biology scholars and researchers and training biologists; computational biology scholars and researchers; scholars and researchers in bioengineering, genome sciences, and comparable disciplines.
Read Online or Download Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer PDF
Similar genetics books
Why does nature love symmetry? during this updated evaluate of symmetry and its evolutionary implications, Anders Møller and John Swaddle argue that symmetry is said to genetic balance and health and that symmetric members seem to have quantifiable and demanding benefits over their uneven opposite numbers.
When it comes to its transparent and logical constitution, in addition to plentiful highresolution illustrations, it is a systematic survey of the gamers and pathways that keep an eye on genome functionality within the mammalian cellphone nucleus. As such, this guide and reference ties jointly lately received wisdom from numerous clinical disciplines and techniques, dissecting all significant genomic occasions: transcription, replication, fix, recombination and chromosome segregation.
Customized Epigenetics discusses the middle translatability of epigenetics to future health administration of people who've certain diversifications of their epigenetic signatures that could advisor either sickness and sickness prevention and treatment. The ebook information inter-individual variability within the significant epigenetic approach in people which include DNA methylation, histone transformations, and noncoding RNA, and the diagnostic, prognostic, and healing capability of the sector, it additionally reports the influence of our surroundings on epigenetic diversifications between members and the function of pharmacology and drug improvement in custom-made epigenetics.
Genetics of intercourse Differentiation intends to aid readers comprehend the genetic foundation of intercourse differentiation. The booklet makes a speciality of explaining how the intercourse chromosomes impact the method of intercourse differentiation by way of influencing the charges at which cells divide. The booklet consists of 7 chapters. It presents overviews of classical genetics and constitution of cells.
- The Theory That Changed Everything: "On the Origin of Species" as a Work in Progress
- Psychrophiles: From Biodiversity to Biotechnology: From Biodiversity to Biotechnolgy
- Microbes and Evolution: The World That Darwin Never Saw
- Evolution of Biological Systems in Random Media: Limit Theorems and Stability: Volume 18 (Mathematical Modelling: Theory and Applications)
Additional resources for Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer
Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer by Hamid Bolouri